If you have set up a phone or email program (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to check your Torero Mail and it stops working, there are a few things you can try:
- Try logging in to the Torero Mail website from your favorite web browser (found at http://toreromail.sandiego.edu). If you have recently changed your password, you might need to log in to Torero Mail to resync your account.
- Make sure IMAP access is turned on in Torero Mail. This is off by default, so you will need to opt in before you can check your mail with a phone or email program. To check, click on "Settings" in the upper right, choose the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab, and make sure "Enable IMAP" is checked. Click "Save Changes" to continue.
- Check to make sure your phone or email program is connecting to the right server with the correct settings. You can view these settings at our KB article "What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?"
- Finally, it is possible your email account has become locked with Google. This is rare, but will keep your email client from properly checking for mail (in Outlook, you'll receive the error message "Failed: Web Login required"). To unlock your account, visit https://www.google.com/a/sandiego.edu/UnlockCaptcha and fill in your username (without the @sandiego.edu), your password, and the CAPTCHA picture. Once that is accepted, try your client again.
If you are still having problems, contact the ITS Help Desk and we can help you further.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- USD Retirement Policy regarding e-mail and internet access for retired employees
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- How to import/export contact groups in Gmail
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- How to create a new contact group in Gmail
- How to import sub-calendars and public calendars (public folders) to Toreromail
- How to set up Toreromail on Android device
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How-to Send Mail As
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- Gmail: How do I sort my inbox by sender?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- Gmail: How can I go to the next email message instead of back to the inbox?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is a Conflicting Account for Google Apps+ (GA+)?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- How to extend the label column in Toreromail
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED