NOTE: These instructions are for upgrading Office for Windows ONLY. This will uninstall Microsoft Office 2010.
Do you use Acrobat Pro? Please make sure you're running Acrobat 11 (XI) or later, as not all toolbars are compatible. Read more here.
- Save any open documents you have and close all Microsoft Office programs. Your computer might automatically reboot during this process.
- From on campus, open Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome. Visit http://kbox.sandiego.edu
- You will be prompted for a username and password. Type your Active Directory (AD) username and password (the same username/password as your Exchange email). Click on Login.
If you are unable to login, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let the Help Desk staff know that you were unable to login to self-install MS Office 2013.
- Click on User Console Library in the left-hand menu. Then, click on "Install Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013".
If the Install Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 link is not listed or you receive a No software titles currently found message, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 or email@example.com.
- At the next screen, click on the Install Now button.
- Disregard the next window, which lists Software Download Activity.
- For approximately 3 minutes (longer if you're on wireless), it will appear that nothing is happening. However, your computer is downloading MS Office 2013 silently in the background.
- When the MS Office 2013 download is complete, the installation progress window will appear. You do not need to click anything - the installation process is completely automated.
- Once the installation is successfully installed, a window will confirm its completion. Click the Close button.