NOTE: These instructions are for upgrading Office for Windows ONLY. This will uninstall old versions of Microsoft Office.
- Make sure you're not running Office 2013 already. You can check your version by following Microsoft's instructions for checking your Office version.
- If you use any of these programs, please make sure the minimum supported version is installed:
Acrobat Pro: Minimum version is Acrobat Pro 11 (XI). Read more here.
Act!: Minimum version is Act! v16, though Act! 2013 can work with some exceptions. Read more here.
- Save any open documents you have and close all Microsoft Office programs. Your computer might automatically reboot during this process.
- From on campus, open Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome. Visit http://kbox.sandiego.edu
- You will be prompted for a username and password. Type your Active Directory (AD) username and password (the same username/password as your Exchange email). Click on Login.
If you are unable to login, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 or email@example.com. Please let the Help Desk staff know that you were unable to login to self-install MS Office 2013.
- Click on User Console Library in the left-hand menu. Then, click on "Install Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013".
If the Install Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 link is not listed or you receive a No software titles currently found message, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At the next screen, click on the Install Now button.
- Disregard the next window, which lists Software Download Activity.
- For approximately 3 minutes (longer if you're on wireless), it will appear that nothing is happening. However, your computer is downloading MS Office 2013 silently in the background.
- When the MS Office 2013 download is complete, the installation progress window will appear. You do not need to click anything - the installation process is completely automated.
- Once the installation is successfully installed, a window will confirm its completion. Click the Close button.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- E-mail going to outbox without sending
- DreamSpark (formally MSDN AA)
- Informational: Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP)
- Office 2010 Quickstart Guides (attached)
- How-to Create a Mail Merge in Office 2003 & 2007
- How-to show Outlook 2003 & 2007 Public Folder Calendar Favorites
- "Adobe Contribute" add-on problem with Office 2010/2013
- Does USD provide Microsoft Office for students?
- Can the ITS Help Desk Install Office Suite on my computer?
- Can I use the OWA for iPad/iPhone application?