NOTE: This will uninstall Microsoft Office 2010
- Close all Microsoft Office programs.
- From on campus, open Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome. Visit http://kbox.sandiego.edu
- You will be prompted for a username and password. Type your Active Directory (AD) username and password (the same username/password as your Exchange email). Click on Login.
If you are unable to login, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let the Help Desk staff know that you were unable to login to self-install MS Office 2013.
- Click on User Console Library in the left-hand menu. Then, click on "Install Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013".
If the Install Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 link is not listed or you receive a No software titles currently found message, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 or email@example.com.
- At the next screen, click on the Install Now button.
- Disregard the next window, which lists Software Download Activity.
- For approximately 3 minutes (longer if you're on wireless), it will appear that nothing is happening. However, your computer is downloading MS Office 2013 silently in the background.
- When the MS Office 2013 download is complete, the installation progress window will appear. You do not need to click anything - the installation process is completely automated.
- Once the installation is successfully installed, a window will confirm its completion. Click the Close button.