You will need to have the following information handy in order to create your account:
- Your USD ID number (You will only need the last 7 digits of your ID number - so if your ID number is 008001234 enter 8001234 in the box)
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (Foreign students that do not have a SSN should input 0000)
- Your Date of Birth (in MM/DD/YYYY format)
Once your information is verified, you'll be able to select a username. This username is permanent and will serve as your email address, so please make sure you select the username you prefer. Staff and faculty can choose one of the standard options or type in a custom username (students are limited to the choices presented).
After a username is selected, you need to select a proper password. The password should be unique to USD, and should not be used on other websites. Passwords must also meet the following requirements
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must contain a letter, a number, and a special character (!, #, etc)
- Must not contain your username, name, or common dictionary words
NOTICE! Your newly created account will not be immediately available. It may take 24-48 hours before you will be able to login to USD systems after you have created your new account.
If you experience problems with the account creation forms, please contact the ITS Help Desk by calling (619) 260-7900 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.