You will need to have the following information handy in order to create your account:
- Your USD ID number (You will only need the last 7 digits of your ID number - so if your ID number is 008001234 enter 8001234 in the box)
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (Foreign students that do not have a SSN should input 0000)
- Your Date of Birth (in MM/DD/YYYY format)
Once your information is verified, you'll be able to select a username. This username is permanent and will serve as your email address, so please make sure you select the username you prefer. Staff and faculty can choose one of the standard options or type in a custom username (students are limited to the choices presented).
After a username is selected, you need to select a proper password. The password should be unique to USD, and should not be used on other websites. Passwords must also meet the following requirements
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must contain a letter, a number, and a special character (!, #, etc)
- Must not contain your username, name, or common dictionary words
NOTICE! Your newly created account will not be immediately available. It may take 24-48 hours before you will be able to login to USD systems after you have created your new account.
If you experience problems with the account creation forms, please contact the ITS Help Desk by calling (619) 260-7900 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- ID Numbers and Computing Accounts (MySanDiego Accounts)
- Web Authentication (Single Sign-on)
- For students: How to grant access to an authorized user
- How to access course evaluations
- I am an international student and am unable to create an account on MySanDiego.
- MySanDiego Portal Troubleshooting
- New Employee or Non-employee (Consultant) Account Creation Process
- How do I register for a different term?
- Remove Parent Authorizations
- How-to submit grades using the MySanDiego Portal
- Faculty: How to access previously submitted grades
- MySanDiego Portal - Pin # and User ID Error
- Where do I find the Freshman Advising Questionnaire?
- Can I Change My USD Username?
- Error connection to beis.sandiego.edu:7007 when trying to register
- Senior Tab Not Showing in Portal
- Username/PIN Message in MySanDiego
- I forgot my MySanDiego account password. How can I reset it?
- Where can I find something in the new MySanDiego Portal?
- I know my password, but would like to change it...Do I have to call the Help Desk?
- I'm a Continuing Education student. Why can't I view my transcripts online?
- My Financial Aid package says I'm a Law student - why?
- What does my MySanDiego account give me access to?
- Parent Portal
- Directory Service (LDAP)