If you are setting up an email client (Outlook, Apple Mail, etc) or a phone (Blackberry, iPhone, etc) for Torero Mail, you must first turn on POP/IMAP access for your account. To do this, visit toreromail.sandiego.edu and log in. Click on Settings, then on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” . There, you can enable either POP or IMAP (if you're not sure which your email account uses, it is safe to enable both).
Google has posted instructions for configuring your device for Torero Mail, which you can find at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=12806. If these do not help you, you can use the manual settings listed below.
|PASSWORD:||Same password as MySanDiego|
|USE SPA (Secure Password Authentication):||no|
|Yes - TLS|
|SMTP PORT:||465 or 587|
To set up Outlook, follow the instructions outlined on this webpage: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77689
To sync Toreromail with Apple mail:
Begin by clicking "Mail" in the top left corner. Then click "Preferences".
At the bottom left corner of the window that pops up, click the "+" button.
This window will pop up. Enter your name, email address, and password. Click "Continue".
A message will appear. Make sure your information is correct. Add "@sandiego.edu" to the "username" box. Click "Continue".
Select "IMAP" from the drop down list and enter "imap.gmail.com" in the "Incoming Mail Server" box. Click "Continue".
Enter "smtp.gmail.com" in the "Outgoing Mail Server" box. Check the "Use Authentication" box. Click "Continue".
Make sure all the info is correct (should look like the picture below). Ensure that the "Take account online" box is checked, then click create.
The emails will begin to sync and you'll be all set!
For further assistance, contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 or email@example.com or come into our office located in UC 117 (across the courtyard from the One Stop Student Center).
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- How to create a new contact group in Gmail
- How to import/export contact groups in Gmail
- How to import sub-calendars and public calendars (public folders) to Toreromail
- How to set up Toreromail on Android device
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How-to Send Mail As
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- Gmail: How do I sort my inbox by sender?
- Gmail: How can I go to the next email message instead of back to the inbox?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is a Conflicting Account for Google Apps+ (GA+)?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- How to extend the label column in Toreromail
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED