The Help Desk provides support for the following Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 (currently only supported on student computers until all USD applications have been tested and certified for use on Windows 8)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.10 (Snow Leopard to Yosemite)
Windows XP Security Risks
Computers running Windows XP have become a much greater security risk to our network infrastructure since support has been discontinued. New vulnerabilities are discovered every day, and none of those are patched for Windows XP as of April 8, 2014. Not only are these computers at increased risk of losing data or becoming inoperable, they are also a risk to other more modern computers on the network.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Windows 7 training link
- How do I turn on automatic updates for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X?
- Windows 7 Missing Briefcase fields
- Apple Migration Assistant Time Zone Fix
- Windows 8 Support at USD
- USD Owned Computers and OS X Yosemite
- How do I turn on Automatic updates for Windows XP?