Some Windows users may get this message in Noetix when attempting to view a report's output in Excel:
"In order to use the View In Excel feature, you need to have Microsoft Excel 2000/XP or the Office Web Components installed on your machine. Please contact your administrator or Noetix support for further assistance."
Downloading and installing the Office Web Components from Microsoft's website seems to solve the issue. Currently, the Web Components are available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=7287252c-402e-4f72-97a5-e0fd290d4b76 and work with Office 2003 and Office 2007.
Office 2007 users should also download the SP1 update for Office Web Components at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C815DFFA-D5F3-4B71-BF46-13721BD44682&displaylang=en.
Download and install as instructed, accepting the defaults during installation. Log off Noetix (if logged on), close your web browser, and reopen a web browser window to Noetix. Re-run your report and try again to view in Excel. Watch for a yellow bar across the top to see if ActiveX prompts you about running this ActiveX control and run it if prompted. You should be able to now view your report in Excel.
If the user has Office 2010 installed and getting this error please refer to L1S #35042 Subject: Noetix
This procedure will NOT work for users on Macintoshes using Remote Desktop to access Noetix. The solution for those users is still pending.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Oracle iRecruitment
- Oracle iProcurement
- Oracle HR/Payroll Self-Service
- Oracle: HR/Employee Self Service / USD employee applying for jobs
- Export Oracle data by disabling Pop Up Blocker
- How to create a new Oracle Account
- How to reset the Oracle password
- I am a Mac user, how do I access Noetix?
- How to print from Noetix on a Mac using RDC
- I can access Oracle, but need a specific tool. How can I get it?
- Noetix for Mac users: error messages
- Noetix login screen not showing in Internet Explorer