Problem: When a Google Docs user sends a link to any user with an @sandiego.edu address, clicking the link takes the user to the login page for Torero Mail.
The link you receive from Google Docs will look similar to the following:
This issue first occurred when the University started using Torero Mail, which is powered by Google. Apparently, google.com interprets the /a/sandiego.edu portion of the URL and assumes the recipient is a Torero Mail user, so it will redirect the user to our Torero Mail login page. The sandiego.edu portion seems to be added when a Google Docs user selects a recipient in the sandiego.edu domain. This is something that Google's engineering team is working to resolve.
The workaround for the issue is:
- Copy the link from your e-mail application and paste it into the address bar of your web browser.
- Delete the portion of the URL that reads /a/sandiego.edu.
- Press enter. When this section is removed, Google Docs will show the appropriate document as intended.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How to setup an iPad to ToreroMail
- How-to Send Mail As
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How-to forward Email from Torero Mail
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- I am a faculty member -- How do I get a USD Torero Mail account?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- I already have a Gmail account -- how do I migrate everything from this account into my new Torero Mail account?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is a Conflicting Account for Google Apps+ (GA+)?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- I put the wrong birthday when setting up my Torero Mail account - what do I do?