(Also known as Email (for Students & Alumni), Gmail for Students)
ToreroMail is the E-Mail that the University provides for students. The accounts are hosted by Google and have a capacity of 7 GB. Students receive all official communications with the University through this E-Mail account. Students who graduate from USD after 2008 are allowed to keep their Torero Mail account for life.
Students may contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 for basic troubleshooting or they may also reference our ToreroMail FAQ's at www.sandiego.edu/its/kb/Email/Torero__bMail . Google also offers technical support for more advanced issues.
The ITS Help Desk can assist users with issues concerning creating an account, logging in and setting up clients. Regarding sending and receiving E-Mail and its features, students should refer to Google's support section.
In order to access ToreroMail, students must first open a MySanDiego account. Visit My.SanDiego.edu to create an account. Once students have an account, there will be a link to ToreroMail in the upper right corner of their Portal. In addition to MySanDiego, students can access their accounts from their mobile devices, such as Blackberries and iPhones.
Torero Mail Knowledge Base Articles
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- USD Retirement Policy regarding e-mail and internet access for retired employees
- How to import/export contact groups in Gmail
- How to set up Toreromail on Android device
- How to create a new contact group in Gmail
- How to import sub-calendars and public calendars (public folders) to Toreromail
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How-to Send Mail As
- Change Your Display Name in Gmail
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- Gmail: How do I sort my inbox by sender?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Gmail: How can I go to the next email message instead of back to the inbox?
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- How to extend the label column in Toreromail
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED