(Also known as Email (for Students & Alumni), Gmail for Students)
ToreroMail is the E-Mail that the University provides for students. The accounts are hosted by Google and have a capacity of 7 GB. Students receive all official communications with the University through this E-Mail account. Students who graduate from USD after 2008 are allowed to keep their Torero Mail account for life.
Students may contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 for basic troubleshooting or they may also reference our ToreroMail FAQ's at www.sandiego.edu/its/kb/Email/Torero__bMail . Google also offers technical support for more advanced issues.
The ITS Help Desk can assist users with issues concerning creating an account, logging in and setting up clients. Regarding sending and receiving E-Mail and its features, students should refer to Google's support section.
In order to access ToreroMail, students must first open a MySanDiego account. Visit My.SanDiego.edu to create an account. Once students have an account, there will be a link to ToreroMail in the upper right corner of their Portal. In addition to MySanDiego, students can access their accounts from their mobile devices, such as Blackberries and iPhones.
Torero Mail Knowledge Base Articles
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- How-to forward Email from Torero Mail
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How-to Send Mail As
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- I already have a Gmail account -- how do I migrate everything from this account into my new Torero Mail account?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- I put the wrong birthday when setting up my Torero Mail account - what do I do?
- Gmail: How can I go to the next email message instead of back to the inbox?
- I am a faculty member -- How do I get a USD Torero Mail account?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is a Conflicting Account for Google Apps+ (GA+)?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- Gmail: How do I sort my inbox by sender?