If you want to check your email from your mobile device (iPhone, Blackberry, etc), you must first turn on POP/IMAP access on your Torero Mail account. To do this, visit toreromail.sandiego.edu and log in. Click on Settings (click the gear underneath your username in the top right corner), then on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” . There, you can enable either POP or IMAP (if you're not sure which your email account uses, it is safe to enable both).
Once that's all done, you can sync Toreromail.
Begin by tapping "Settings" on your iOS device.
Continue by tapping "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
Tap "Add account..."
Enter your name, username, password, and a name for the mailbox. Then tap next.
It will sync. Tap next again, and you'll be all set!
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How to setup an iPad to ToreroMail
- How-to Send Mail As
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How-to forward Email from Torero Mail
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- I am a faculty member -- How do I get a USD Torero Mail account?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- I already have a Gmail account -- how do I migrate everything from this account into my new Torero Mail account?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is a Conflicting Account for Google Apps+ (GA+)?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- I put the wrong birthday when setting up my Torero Mail account - what do I do?