If you want to check your email from your mobile device (iPhone, Blackberry, etc), you must first turn on POP/IMAP access on your Torero Mail account. To do this, visit toreromail.sandiego.edu and log in. Click on Settings (click the gear underneath your username in the top right corner), then on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”. There, you can enable either POP or IMAP (if you're not sure which your email account uses, it is safe to enable both).
Once that's all done, you can sync Toreromail.
How to set up Toreromail on iPad and iPhone:
For detailed instructions with pictures, please see the attached PDF
1. From the home screen, click on “Settings”
2. In settings, scroll down and click on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
3. Click “Add Account”
4. Select “Google” for the account type
5. Type in your full email address with the @sandiego.edu and your USDOne password, then click “Sign in”
6. This will bring you to the Toreromail login screen. Type in your username (without the @sandiego.edu) and password
7. Click “Allow”
8. It will add your account. Click “Save”
9. If successful, you will see “Account Added”
Congratulations! You can now access Toreromail on your iPad or iPhone!
If you encounter any issues, please call the Help Desk at 619-260-7900 or email email@example.com
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- How to create a new contact group in Gmail
- How to import/export contact groups in Gmail
- How to import sub-calendars and public calendars (public folders) to Toreromail
- How to set up Toreromail on Android device
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How-to Send Mail As
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- Gmail: How do I sort my inbox by sender?
- Gmail: How can I go to the next email message instead of back to the inbox?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is a Conflicting Account for Google Apps+ (GA+)?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- How to extend the label column in Toreromail
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED