Torero Mail, the University of San Diego’s mail system for students, allows students to keep their accounts for life. However, if you would like to use another email account, it is possible to have your @sandiego.edu mail delivered to another location. These instructions will provide a step by step overview of how to forward your mail from Torero Mail.
To set mail forwarding in Torero Mail, you must be using a compatible web browser:
- Internet Explorer 8 or 9
- Firefox 4.0 or newer
- Safari 4 or newer
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Go to toreromail.sandiego.edu and log in with your MySanDiego username and password.
- Click Settings in the upper right hand corner.
- In the Settings tool, click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- In the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tool, click on Add a forwarding address (1) and then type the email address you would like to forward mail to in the box that pops up and click next (2).
- You will then be sent a verification email to the email address that you had provided for forwarding. Go to your other email and open the forwarding confirmation email. At this point you may either click on the provided link and verify your email OR note the confirmation code and enter it into the Forwarding section of your Torero Mail account.
- After doing either of the two options listed above, click on the verify button in Torero Mail's Forwarding section. At this point make sure that the box saying Forward a copy of incoming mail to is checked, and followed by the forwarding email address. At this point you also have to select from one of the four following options:
- Keep: Mail is stored unopened in your Torero Mail inbox
- Mark: Mail will remain in your Torero Mail inbox, but will no longer appear as a new message after having be forwarded
- Archive: Mail is archived (hidden, but searchable) in your Torero Mail inbox
- Delete: Mail will be removed after it is forwarded out
- Finally, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
If you are continuing to experience problems with Torero Mail settings, contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (619) 260-7900