Torero Mail, the University of San Diego’s mail system for students and alumni, allows alumni to keep their accounts for life. However, if you would like to use another email account, it is possible to have your @sandiego.edu mail sent to another location. These instructions will provide a step by step overview of how to forward your mail from Torero Mail.
To set mail forwarding in Torero Mail, you must be using a compatible web browser:
- Internet Explorer 10 or 11
- Firefox (latest version or last prior version)
- Safari (latest version or last prior version)
- Google Chrome (latest version or last prior version)
You can see a full list of compatible browsers on Google's Help Page for Browsers.
- Go to toreromail.sandiego.edu and log in with your MySanDiego username and password.
- Click Settings in the upper right hand corner.
- In the Settings tool, click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- In the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tool, click on Add a forwarding address (1) and then type the email address you would like to forward mail to in the box that pops up and click next (2).
- You will then be sent a verification email to the email address that you had provided for forwarding. Go to your other email and open the forwarding confirmation email. At this point you may either click on the provided link and verify your email OR note the confirmation code and enter it into the Forwarding section of your Torero Mail account.
- After doing either of the two options listed above, click on the verify button in Torero Mail's Forwarding section. At this point make sure that the box saying Forward a copy of incoming mail to is checked, and followed by the forwarding email address. At this point you also have to select from one of the four following options:
- Keep: Mail is stored unopened in your Torero Mail inbox
- Mark: Mail will remain in your Torero Mail inbox, but will no longer appear as a new message after having be forwarded
- Archive: Mail is archived (hidden, but searchable) in your Torero Mail inbox
- Delete: Mail will be removed after it is forwarded out
- Finally, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
If you are continuing to experience problems with Torero Mail settings, contact the ITS Help Desk at email@example.com or at (619) 260-7900.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How to setup an iPad to ToreroMail
- How-to Send Mail As
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- I am a faculty member -- How do I get a USD Torero Mail account?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- I already have a Gmail account -- how do I migrate everything from this account into my new Torero Mail account?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is a Conflicting Account for Google Apps+ (GA+)?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- I put the wrong birthday when setting up my Torero Mail account - what do I do?