This is a problem where the Time Zone is stuck on GMT and cannot be changed. There is no error.
After using the "Migration Assistant" some machines develop this problem. The Time Zone settings become corrupt and need to be wiped out. To do this you need Administrative level access to the machine.
To remove the file:
1. Go the Finder
2. From "Go" menu select "Go to Folder..."
3. Enter "/etc"
4. Navigate through and find "localtime" folder
5. Remove "localtime", you will be asked to authenticate, enter the appropriate credentials.
7. Select and save your new time settings.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Windows 7 training link
- How do I turn on automatic updates for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X?
- Windows 7 Missing Briefcase fields
- Windows 8 Support at USD
- USD Owned Computers and OS X Yosemite
- How do I turn on Automatic updates for Windows XP?
- What Operating Systems are supported by the ITS Help Desk?