Many e-mail clients (besides Outlook) will receive attachments reading winmail.dat if the sender is using Outlook and is sending the e-mail out in rich text format. The sender will need to change the format to either HTML or plain text format for the e-mail and attachment to come through correctly to the recipient.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Certificate Errors in Outlook
- Can I use my @sandiego.edu email address to use Google Classroom?
- Outlook Contact groups Error Message
- How to fix Outlook when continually asking to download email as a HTML file
- How to Set Up Outlook Auto-Archive
- Mac Mail Settings For Torero Mail on Yosemite
- Configuring Outlook 2011 for Exchange
- How-to Create a Mail Merge in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013