Many e-mail clients (besides Outlook) will receive attachments reading winmail.dat if the sender is using Outlook and is sending the e-mail out in rich text format. The sender will need to change the format to either HTML or plain text format for the e-mail and attachment to come through correctly to the recipient.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Certificate Errors in Outlook
- Can I use my @sandiego.edu email address to use Google Classroom?
- Configuring Outlook 2013 for Exchange
- How to Set Up Outlook Auto-Archive
- How-to Create a Mail Merge in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
- Configuring Outlook 2011 for Exchange
- Configuring Outlook 2010 for Exchange
- Configure Exchange for Apple Mail
- How to fix Outlook when continually asking to download email as a HTML file
- Mac Mail Settings For Torero Mail on Yosemite
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED