If the account is a POP account or the settings in solution #5415 do not work, try cleaning junk files and/or doing and registry cleanup with CCleaner or another comparable program.
- Link to free download of CCleaner: http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/
If you're an Exchange user using Outlook, be sure that Outlook is in Online mode. The easiest way to check for this is to click on the File menu. If you see a checkbox next to 'Work Offline', then Outlook is not connected to the server. Simply click on 'Work Offline' to remove the checkbox, which should put Outlook back online. Once online, you may want to click the Send/Receive button to send any messages left in the Outbox.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Cannot attach files to emails when using Microsoft Edge
- Informational: Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP)
- Office 2010 Quickstart Guides (attached)
- DreamSpark (formally MSDN AA)
- How to Import Outlook for Mac 2011 User Data for Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Self-Upgrading to Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows
- How-to show Outlook 2003 & 2007 Public Folder Calendar Favorites
- How-to Create a Mail Merge in Office 2003 & 2007
- "Adobe Contribute" add-on problem with Office 2010/2013
- Can the ITS Help Desk Install Office Suite on my computer?
- Can I use the OWA for iPad/iPhone application?
- Does USD provide Microsoft Office for students?