This document is for USD’s new Unified Messaging VoiceMail, which you can read about at our Project Page. If you still check your voicemail by calling x6800, you are still on the old (Audix) system and this document does not apply to you.
Use the transfer feature on your telephone to transfer a live caller directly to voice mail:
- Press the Transfer key on your telephone.
- Enter the voice mail call-in number, 7800
- When you hear the recording, press *## and enter the 4-digit extension and the # key again .
- Press the Transfer key again to connect the caller to the voice mailbox.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Unified Messaging: Voice-To-Text
- Types of Voicemail Boxes Supported
- I don't want to use voice commands to process messages on my phone. How can I switch to the touchtone keypad interface?
- I want someone to be able to check my e-mail, but not see my voice messages. How can I set that up?
- How do I disable speech to text for my incoming voicemail?
- How do I enable speech to text for my incoming voicemail?
- I deleted a voice message from my email and it is no longer in my voicemail
- How do I reset my voicemail PIN?
- What number do I call to check my voicemail?
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED