This document is for USD’s new Unified Messaging VoiceMail, which you can read about at our Project Page. If you still check your voicemail by calling x6800, you are still on the old (Audix) system and this document does not apply to you.
Individual Voicemail Users
After your Exchange mailbox and your telephone number have been enabled for Unified Messaging Voicemail you will receive a welcome email from Microsoft® Outlook containing:
- The telephone number to access voice mail
- Your extension number
- Your first-time PIN
Setting up your Unified Messaging voicemail is easy. Dial the voicemail number provided and record your name, greeting and change your PIN. Once these steps are taken your voicemail can be managed entirely through Outlook.
Shared Departmental Voicemail Users
A shared departmental voicemail box is set up for situations when more than one person manages the messages. The shared departmental voicemail box must be attached to an email address so that both email messages and voicemail messages are captured in the same account.
Setting up a departmental voicemail box requires coordination between all the individuals who have access because one person will need to record the name and greeting as well as change the PIN. Once these steps are taken the departmental voicemail can be managed entirely through Outlook. However, the PIN should be communicated to all users is access is needed through the telephone at any time.
Departmental Voicemail Users
This is a mailbox that is attached to a phone number that gives callers the choice of pressing 1 to speak to an individual A, pressing 2 to speak with individual B, etc. This arrangement requires more planning and programming. If required, you will be contacted for the initial set up requirements. If you need to make changes to the initial mailbox setup you should contact Telecommunications @ 619-260-7500.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Unified Messaging: Voice-To-Text
- How can I transfer a live caller directly to someone's voice mail?
- I don't want to use voice commands to process messages on my phone. How can I switch to the touchtone keypad interface?
- I want someone to be able to check my e-mail, but not see my voice messages. How can I set that up?
- How do I disable speech to text for my incoming voicemail?
- How do I enable speech to text for my incoming voicemail?
- I deleted a voice message from my email and it is no longer in my voicemail
- How do I reset my voicemail PIN?
- What number do I call to check my voicemail?