This document is for USD’s new Unified Messaging VoiceMail, which you can read about at our Project Page. If you still check your voicemail by calling x6800, you are still on the old (Audix) system and this document does not apply to you.
By default, Unified Messaging will attempt to convert voice messages to text, which you can choose to display along with the voicemail recording in your email. Keep in mind that speech-to-text translation is a "best effort" provided by the software, and may not be entirely accurate. You can read more about this conversion process on our "Unified Messaging: Voice-To-Text" KB.
To disable speech to text conversion on incoming voicemail messages:
- To turn off text preview in messages you receive, uncheck "Include preview text with voice messages I receive".
- To turn off text preview in messages you send uncheck "Include preview text with voice messages I send through Outlook Voice Access".
- Click the Save button (green checkmark) at the bottom right of the screen.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Unified Messaging: Voice-To-Text
- Types of Voicemail Boxes Supported
- How can I transfer a live caller directly to someone's voice mail?
- I don't want to use voice commands to process messages on my phone. How can I switch to the touchtone keypad interface?
- I want someone to be able to check my e-mail, but not see my voice messages. How can I set that up?
- How do I enable speech to text for my incoming voicemail?
- I deleted a voice message from my email and it is no longer in my voicemail
- How do I reset my voicemail PIN?
- What number do I call to check my voicemail?