The procedure for resetting your voicemail password/PIN is different depending on the system you currently use:
OLD - Audix: You cannot reset your voicemail PIN yourself. Please call (619) 260-7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your password be reset.
NEW - Unified Messaging:
- Log in to Outlook Web Apps by opening a web browser and visiting https://exchange.sandiego.edu then log in with your AD username and password.
- Once you're logged in, click the Options drop-down and select See All Options...
- Select Phone from the left-hand menu, then select the Voice Mail icon.
- Look for the "Reset PIN" section below "Call Answering Rules", and click the link "Reset my voice mail PIN.."
- You will be asked if you want to reset your PIN. Press OK, and the system will email you a new PIN
Please note: The ITS Help Desk and Telecommunications groups cannot reset your unified messaging password for you.
Cell Phone: If you forget your voicemail PIN for a USD owned cell phone, please contact the Telecommunications office at (619) 260-7500 and they will contact AT&T/Verizon to reset your voicemail PIN
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Unified Messaging: Voice-To-Text
- Types of Voicemail Boxes Supported
- How can I transfer a live caller directly to someone's voice mail?
- I don't want to use voice commands to process messages on my phone. How can I switch to the touchtone keypad interface?
- I want someone to be able to check my e-mail, but not see my voice messages. How can I set that up?
- How do I disable speech to text for my incoming voicemail?
- How do I enable speech to text for my incoming voicemail?
- I deleted a voice message from my email and it is no longer in my voicemail
- What number do I call to check my voicemail?