There are a few instructors should take to wrap up their current semester of Blackboard courses and prepare for upcoming semester courses.
After the completion of a semester, students will no longer be able to see the Blackboard course sites from the previous semester in the My Courses list due the Term Availability option in Blackboard.
Steps to set Term Availability
In order to double-check the Term Availability option in Blackboard:
1. Navigate to the course site in Blackboard.
2. Under the Control Panel, click Customization.
3. Click Properties.
4. Under the Set Availability, Make Course Available should be set to Use Term Availability.
5. Click Submit.
While students will no longer have access to the previous semester course, instructors are still able to view enrollments and grades.
In order to backup course sites and the course Grade Center:
• Note: Archiving a course gives a .zip file, which all materials, grades and interactions that took place in that course. Directions for archiving a course are here: http://bit.ly/VA5Ubg
• Grade backup: To download grades to an easy-to-use Excel spreadsheet, follow the instructions here: http://bit.ly/UIMAXd
In order to activate your Spring, Summer or Fall course:
• Please visit http://ole.sandiego.edu and click on Faculty: New Course Request on the right-hand side of that page. Your course will be put in the activation queue and you will be notified within 3 business days. Once the new course shell is created, you can then copy the content from earlier courses by following the directions here: http://bit.ly/Vqq1Tm
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- How do I add a course site in Blackboard?
- Wiley Plus and Blackboard
- How to create a Blackboard banner in PowerPoint
- How Do I Activate My Course in Blackboard?
- Blackboard: Creating and Editing Assignments
- Blackboard: Exporting Tests, Surveys, and Pools
- Blackboard: Submitting Assignments
- How can I clear my browser's cache?
- Making a Course Available or Unavailable
- Can't Log in to Blackboard
- What should new students know about Blackboard?
- My Course Menu Disappeared in Blackboard
- Blackboard: How can I add a Teaching Assistant to my Blackboard course?