Since the upgrade of the USD MySanDiego Portal on the weekend of October 18th, some users have experienced difficulties accessing the Portal. The symptoms associated with the upgrade include but are not limited to the following:
- A blank, white screen after logging in
- A timeout when trying to get to the login screen
- An "Error 500" spash screen
- A username and PIN screen
If you are experiencing one of these problems, or a different, unlisted problem associated with the MySanDiego Portal, please perform the following steps to resolve the problem.
1. Clear your browser's temporary Internet files (browser cache and cookies).
- The browsing cache will need to be cleared for any and all browsers you plan to access the Portal from
- Instructions on how to clear your cache in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Safari for Windows, Safari for iOS, or Android can be found here.
- If you are unable to clear your browser's cache, please call the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900, and we would be happy to assist you
2. Turn off your pop-up blocker.
- Instructions on how to turn off your pop-up blocker in all browsers can be found here.
- If you are unable to turn off your pop-up blocker, please call the ITS Help Desk and we would be happy to assist you
3. Go directly to the Portal login URL
- Occasionally, users accessing the Portal through a bookmark or a favorite will find that clearing the cache does not solve the problem.
- Please go to the URL bar at the top of the screen, type https://my.sandiego.edu/ and hit enter to go directly to the Portal login page.
4. If you continue to have problems accessing the Portal or any part of the Portal after performing these troubleshooting steps, please feel free to contact the Help Desk via Email at email@example.com or via phone at 619-260-7900, and we will be happy to provide you with remote assistance.