Since the upgrade of the USD MySanDiego Portal on the weekend of October 18th, some users have experienced difficulties accessing the Portal. The symptoms associated with the upgrade include but are not limited to the following:
- A blank, white screen after logging in
- A timeout when trying to get to the login screen
- An "Error 500" spash screen
- A username and PIN screen
If you are experiencing one of these problems, or a different, unlisted problem associated with the MySanDiego Portal, please perform the following steps to resolve the problem.
1. Clear your browser's temporary Internet files (browser cache and cookies).
- The browsing cache will need to be cleared for any and all browsers you plan to access the Portal from
- Instructions on how to clear your cache in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Safari for Windows, Safari for iOS, or Android can be found here.
- If you are unable to clear your browser's cache, please call the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900, and we would be happy to assist you
2. Turn off your pop-up blocker.
- Instructions on how to turn off your pop-up blocker in all browsers can be found here.
- If you are unable to turn off your pop-up blocker, please call the ITS Help Desk and we would be happy to assist you
3. Go directly to the Portal login URL
- Occasionally, users accessing the Portal through a bookmark or a favorite will find that clearing the cache does not solve the problem.
- Please go to the URL bar at the top of the screen, type https://my.sandiego.edu/ and hit enter to go directly to the Portal login page.
4. If you continue to have problems accessing the Portal or any part of the Portal after performing these troubleshooting steps, please feel free to contact the Help Desk via Email at email@example.com or via phone at 619-260-7900, and we will be happy to provide you with remote assistance.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- ID Numbers and Computing Accounts (MySanDiego Accounts)
- Web Authentication (Single Sign-on)
- Using CourseLeaf to submit changes to courses or program requirements
- New USD Registration Utilities
- How to access course evaluations
- I am an international student and am unable to create an account on MySanDiego.
- For students: How to grant access to an authorized user
- How do I register for a different term?
- Faculty: How to access previously submitted grades
- Remove Parent Authorizations
- How-to submit grades using the MySanDiego Portal
- Where do I find the Freshman Advising Questionnaire?
- Can I Change My USD Username?
- Error connection to beis.sandiego.edu:7007 when trying to register
- Student Instructions for Course Evaluation
- Senior Tab Not Showing in Portal
- I'm a Continuing Education student. Why can't I view my transcripts online?
- How do I set up an account on MySanDiego or create my E-mail account?
- My Financial Aid package says I'm a Law student - why?
- What determines my class standing for registration?
- Directory Service (LDAP)
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED