Looking to upgrade to OS X Mavericks?
This week Apple released the newest version of its OS X operating system named Mavericks (10.9). Apple surprised the world by announcing that all users of OS X (from Snow Leopard 10.6 onward) would be eligible to upgrade to Mavericks for free.
At this time, Information Technology Services (ITS) is holding off on upgrading to OS X Mavericks while we complete testing on this new operating system. You should NOT try and upgrade your USD owned computer yourself – all computer operating system upgrades must be performed by ITS.
Why should I wait?
With every new operating system, there can be major changes that will impact access to key USD services. While initial testing does not reveal any initial problems, ITS will need to continue testing and perform a pilot before we recommend widespread release to campus. In addition, some software vendors will not certify their applications as “OS X Mavericks Ready” for at least a few months.
ITS will provide support for any new USD-owned computers that come preloaded with Mavericks, or have been updated to Mavericks by ITS staff. If you purchase a new Apple computer with Mavericks preinstalled or upgrade your personal computer, ITS will offer limited support for our early adopters. At this time, ITS is able to support:
- Connecting to the ‘usd’ and ‘usdsecure’ wireless networks
- Configuring email, calendar, and Office for Exchange and Torero Mail
If you are still interested in upgrading your personally owned computer, we recommend you do the following:
- Check to make sure your computer is compatible by visiting http://www.apple.com/osx/specs/ (If your computer ran Mountain Lion, it should be compatible with Mavericks)
- Create a full backup of your system (using Apple Time Machine)
- Follow the steps listed at http://www.macworld.com/article/2055518/installing-mavericks-what-you-need-to-know.html
You can view a list of software compatible with OS X Mavericks at: http://roaringapps.com/apps
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 or by submitting a request. Thank you for your patience, and please check back often for updates.