Users of Internet Explorer 11, which came with the Windows 8.1 in October 2013, are unable to load the full version of the Outlook Web App (OWA) for Exchange. When they visit https://exchange.sandiego.edu and log in, they see the basic or "light" version with reduced functionality.
This is a known problem that Microsoft is working to repair with how IE 11 identifies itself to web servers. Until Microsoft supplies an update, you can follow these instructions (found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2866064 ):
"Use Internet Explorer 11 in compatibility mode to access OWA. To do this, press F10 to display the menu bar, go to the Tools menu in Internet Explorer 11, and then click Compatibility View settings. Add the OWA site to the list of sites to be viewed in compatibility view."
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- In Outlook Web App (OWA), what are the "Premium" and "Light" interfaces?
- USD Retirement Policy regarding e-mail and internet access for retired employees
- Setting up a Blackberry to check Exchange
- Connecting an iPhone to Microsoft Exchange
- Requesting an Exchange account for a student employee
- Exchange Email - How to Change Your Password
- How to delete a “suggested contact” in an email client
- How to setup an iPad to Exchange
- How-to forward Exchange email account to another account
- When I email another sandiego.edu address from Exchange, I get an error with a long email address
- How to manage Junk Email on Exchange
- Share and open calendars in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
- In OWA, how do I disable or enable conversation view?
- Why can't I attach files to my email in Safari?