These instructions explain how to configure Outlook 2011 for the Mac to use USD's Exchange mail system. For detailed instructions with pictures, please see the attached document at the bottom of the page:
Step 1: Click on the Outlook Icon in your dock.
Step 2: If the wizard pops up to create a new account, click “Exchange Account”. Otherwise, click on "Tools" in the menu (at the top of your screen) and click on "Accounts".
NOTE: If you already have an account configured in Outlook, click on the + sign in the lower left of the box and select "Exchange..."
Step 3: Enter information about your account and server:
- For “E-mail address:” enter your [username]@sandiego.edu
- “Method:” should be set to “User Name and Password,”
- Enter AD\ and your username (without the @sandiego.edu) in the “User name:” field
- Enter your password next
- Make sure the “Configure automatically” box is checked
When you are finished entering your information, click “Add Account.”
Step 4: If you receive a box stating "Outlook was redirected to the server exchange.sandiego.edu to get new settings for your account", check the box next to "Always use my response for this server" and click "Allow"
Step 5: Once complete, you should see your server settings and start to see mail download in the background.
If you are experiencing problems with the server, please click on "Advanced..." and check the following settings:
- “Server:” should be set to https://exchange.sandiego.edu/ews/exchange.asmx
- “Use SSL to connect (recommended)” should be checked, and "Override Default Port" and "Download Headers Only" should be UNchecked.
- Directory server should be either unicron.ad.sandiego.edu or loki.ad.sandiego.edu
- "Override Default Port" and "Use SSL to Connect (Recommended)" should be UNchecked for the Directory Service. "Log in with my Exchange account credentials" should be checked.
Security settings should match the above screenshot. Click “Ok” when you are done checking the advanced information.
If you experience other issues or need additional support please call the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900 and we will be happy to assist you in setting up Outlook for Mac 2011 with the Exchange mail server information.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Certificate Errors in Outlook
- Outlook Contact groups Error Message
- User is receiving winmail.dat attachments that cannot be opened.
- Can I use my @sandiego.edu email address to use Google Classroom?
- How to fix Outlook when continually asking to download email as a HTML file
- How-to Create a Mail Merge in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
- Configuring Outlook 2010 for Exchange
- How to Set Up Outlook Auto-Archive
- Mac Mail Settings For Torero Mail on Yosemite