To set up Outlook 2010 to check your Exchange account, please follow these steps (For pictures, please click the attached file at the bottom of this article):
- Click “Start,” Then “Control Panel”
- Click on “Mail (32-bit).”
- Click on “E-mail Accounts…”
- On the “E-mail” tab, click on “New…”
- Click the bubble for “E-mail Account” then click “Next.”
- Make sure the bubble for “E-mail Account” is selected, then enter the information for:
“Your Name:” Enter you first and last name in the box
“E-mail Address:” Enter your exchange e-mail address with the “@sandiego.edu” at the end.
“Password” and “Retype Password:” enter your AD password once in each box.
- When you are finished, click “Next.”
- It will auto search for Exchange server at USD based on the username. Once it has completed and the mail has auto- configured itself, click “Next” and click “Finish.” You may now open Outlook 2010 and receive E-mails to your Sandiego.edu Inbox.
- If for any reason Mail (32-bit) cannot auto-configure Exchange accounts, go back to the “Add New Account” screen and choose “Manually configure server settings or additional server types.” Click “Next.”
- Click the bubble for “Microsoft Exchange or compatible service” then click “Next.”
- Enter “EXCLUSMBX.ad.sandiego.edu” in the field for server and click the box for “Use Cached Exchange Mode.” Type your username in the “User Name” field with the “@sandiego.edu” at the end. Click “Check Name” and it will gray itself out. Click “More Settings…”
- Click on the Security Tab to make sure that “Encypt data between…” box is checked and “Logon network security:” is set to “Negotiate Authentication.” Check the box for “Connect to Microsoft"
- Enter “exchange.sandiego.edu” into the field for https://, Check the box for “Only connect to proxy…” and enter “msstd: *.sandiego.edu”Next, make sure the bottom drop box is on “Basic Authentication” or “NTLM Authentication.” Click “Ok.” Click Apply on the previous window “Microsoft Exchange” and then click “Next” button to have the account check settings as in Step 7.
- Once it has completed and the mail has auto- configured itself, click “Next” and click “Finish.” You may now open Outlook 2010 and receive E-mails to your Sandiego.edu Inbox.
If you experience other issues or need additional support please call the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900 and we will be happy to assist you in setting up Outlook 2010 with the Exchange mail server information.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- In Outlook Web App (OWA), what are the "Premium" and "Light" interfaces?
- Basic/Light version of Outlook Web App loads in Internet Explorer 11
- USD Retirement Policy regarding e-mail and internet access for retired employees
- Setting up a Blackberry to check Exchange
- Connecting an iPhone to Microsoft Exchange
- Requesting an Exchange account for a student employee
- Exchange Email - How to Change Your Password
- How to setup an iPad to Exchange
- How-to forward Exchange email account to another account
- When I email another sandiego.edu address from Exchange, I get an error with a long email address
- Share and open calendars in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
- In OWA, how do I disable or enable conversation view?