To set up Outlook 2010 to check your Exchange account, please follow these steps:
- Click “Start,” Then “Control Panel”
- Click on “Mail (32-bit).”
- Click on “E-mail Accounts…”
- On the “E-mail” tab, click on “New…”
- Click the bubble for “E-mail Account” then click “Next.”
- Make sure the bubble for “E-mail Account” is selected, then enter the information for:
“Your Name:” Enter you first and last name in the box
“E-mail Address:” Enter your exchange e-mail address with the “@sandiego.edu” at the end.
“Password” and “Retype Password:” enter your USD One password once in each box.
- When you are finished, click “Next.”
- It will auto search for Exchange server at USD based on the username. Once it has completed and the mail has auto- configured itself, click “Next” and click “Finish.” You may now open Outlook 2010 and receive E-mails to your Sandiego.edu Inbox.
- If for any reason Mail (32-bit) cannot auto-configure Exchange accounts, go back to the “Add New Account” screen and choose “Manually configure server settings or additional server types.” Click “Next.”
- Click the bubble for “Microsoft Exchange or compatible service” then click “Next.”
- Enter “EXCLUSMBX.ad.sandiego.edu” in the field for server and click the box for “Use Cached Exchange Mode.” Type your username in the “User Name” field with the “@sandiego.edu” at the end. Click “Check Name” and it will gray itself out. Click “More Settings…”
- Click on the Security Tab to make sure that “Encypt data between…” box is checked and “Logon network security:” is set to “Negotiate Authentication.” Check the box for “Connect to Microsoft"
- Enter “exchange.sandiego.edu” into the field for https://, Check the box for “Only connect to proxy…” and enter “msstd: *.sandiego.edu”Next, make sure the bottom drop box is on “Basic Authentication” or “NTLM Authentication.” Click “Ok.” Click Apply on the previous window “Microsoft Exchange” and then click “Next” button to have the account check settings as in Step 7.
- Once it has completed and the mail has auto- configured itself, click “Next” and click “Finish.” You may now open Outlook 2010 and receive E-mails to your Sandiego.edu Inbox.
If you experience other issues or need additional support, please call the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900 and we will be happy to assist you in setting up Outlook 2010 with the Exchange mail server information.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Certificate Errors in Outlook
- Can I use my @sandiego.edu email address to use Google Classroom?
- User is receiving winmail.dat attachments that cannot be opened.
- Configuring Outlook 2013 for Exchange
- How to Set Up Outlook Auto-Archive
- How-to Create a Mail Merge in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
- Configuring Outlook 2011 for Exchange
- Configure Exchange for Apple Mail
- How to fix Outlook when continually asking to download email as a HTML file
- Mac Mail Settings For Torero Mail on Yosemite