USD Owned Computers
ITS does not support Windows 8 on any USD owned computers and has standardized on Windows 7. A majority of universities and other organizations have decided to hold off on upgrading their computers to Windows 8 due to a variety of usability and compatibility issues. Our department is currently testing applications and monitoring industry trends to determine when to begin support for Windows 8. Please check back later!
Student Owned Computers
ITS offers basic support of Windows 8 for current students through the ITS Help Desk. While we cannot guarantee that all USD services and applications will work on your new computer, we have confirmed that 'usdsecure' wireless access and most student services (MySanDiego, Torero Mail, etc) will work on your computer.
Staff/Faculty Personally Owned Computers
The ITS Help Desk offers limited support for staff and faculty owned computers on a "pay for use" model. Contact the Help Desk for pricing or for any other questions.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Windows 7 training link
- How do I turn on automatic updates for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X?
- Windows 7 Missing Briefcase fields
- Apple Migration Assistant Time Zone Fix
- USD Owned Computers and OS X Yosemite
- What Operating Systems are supported by the ITS Help Desk?
- How do I turn on Automatic updates for Windows XP?