To connect any iOS device (such as an iPad or an iPhone) to our eGate VPN system, you must download and install the Junos Pulse software. Once you have installed this software, you can set the software up with the following settings:
- NAME: USD
- URL: egate.sandiego.edu
- USERNAME: *your ad username*
- CERTIFICATE: none
- REALM: *blank*
- ROLE: *blank*
Here is a screenshot of the program on an iPad:
Once this is configured, you can connect and access pages and resources off campus that are restricted to use on USD's campus.
Don't have a VPN account? You can request one by filling out the new user form.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Instructions for installing Pulse for VPN access on Windows
- Instructions for installing Pulse for VPN access on Macintosh
- How-to access office computers remotely from off campus using VPN (eGate)
- Why am I experiencing slow speeds accessing Advance over VPN from home?
- Why am I unable to access VPN (eGate) since upgrading to Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)?