In order to create a Parent Portal you must first log in to your MySandiego account. In the "Welcome" tab you will find a sub-section titled "Parent Portal Access." Follow the instructions on how to create an account for a parent/guardian.
After authorizing your parent/guardian you can go to Step 2: Add Billing and Payment Account Access. Click on the link and a new page will appear which gives you the option of adding a parent billing and payment account in the bottom left corner.
After clicking “Add New” the following page will appear on which you can follow the instructions on how to complete the process.
Parent Portal Access
You may provide your parent access to your personal account information. You can allow your parent/guardian to make payments to your account on your behalf, view your class schedule and grades, track your financial aid awards and requirements, and more.
You have the ability to select which information you would like to share, and you can revoke this access at any time.
Parent Authorization is a two-step process:
Step 1. Add Registration and Financial Aid Access
Step 2. Add Billing and Payment Account Access
To begin, click the "Add Registration and Financial Aid Access" link and follow the instructions to choose which information you wish to grant access to.
After submitting your parent's/guardian's information you must "Authorize Parent(s)." Once you click "Authorize Parent(s)" you will be given your parent's/guardian's username and password.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- ID Numbers and Computing Accounts (MySanDiego Accounts)
- Web Authentication (Single Sign-on)
- New USD Registration Utilities
- I am an international student and am unable to create an account on MySanDiego.
- MySanDiego Portal Troubleshooting
- How to access course evaluations
- New Employee or Non-employee (Consultant) Account Creation Process
- For students: How to grant access to an authorized user
- Remove Parent Authorizations
- How-to submit grades using the MySanDiego Portal
- Faculty: How to access previously submitted grades
- MySanDiego Portal - Pin # and User ID Error
- How do I register for a different term?
- How do I set up an account on MySanDiego or create my E-mail account?
- Where do I find the Freshman Advising Questionnaire?
- Can I Change My USD Username?
- Error connection to beis.sandiego.edu:7007 when trying to register
- Where can I find something in the new MySanDiego Portal?
- Senior Tab Not Showing in Portal
- My Financial Aid package says I'm a Law student - why?
- I forgot my MySanDiego account password. How can I reset it?
- What does my MySanDiego account give me access to?
- I know my password, but would like to change it...Do I have to call the Help Desk?
- I'm a Continuing Education student. Why can't I view my transcripts online?
- Username/PIN Message in MySanDiego
- What determines my class standing for registration?
- Directory Service (LDAP)