When accessing wireless on campus, you will log first into the unsecured "usd" network. Attempting to navigate outside of the sandiego.edu website will send you to our Captive Portal.
We heavily encourage using our "usdsecure" network. The "usdsecure" network is safer for our users’ data and their privacy.
Step 1: Start at the Captive Portal and click the link underlined below
Step 2: When prompted, click the ‘Start’ button in the lower right corner of the window.
Step 3: Make sure your correct version of OSX has been selected.
Step 4: Add your mysandiego username in the field and hit ‘continue’.
Step 5: Click the link entitled ‘SafeConnectMacInstaller.pkg.zip’
Step 5A: This window may appear. Click “OK” and move to Step 5B.
If this window did not appear, move ahead to Step 6.
Step 5B: Open the ‘System Preferences’. This will likely be the fourth option under the Apple icon dropdown menu in the top left of your screen. Open ‘Security and Privacy’ in the window that appears.
Step 5C: There will most likely be a lock in the lower left corner of the new window. Click the lock.
Step 5D: Change the allowance to ‘Anywhere’ and relock the window.
Step 6: This should initiate and finish the installation.
Step 7A: Click ‘Continue’ and agree for the profile to be installed.
Step 7B: Add your mysandiego password in the field.
Step 8: Check your Wifi list, located in the top righthand corner of your screen. The ‘usdsecure’ network should have a check mark next to it. If you are not connected to the network automatically, please connect to it now.
Congratulations! You are now logged into USD’s secure wireless network!
If you have any questions or problems accessing "usdsecure", please call (619) 260-7900 or email email@example.com for further assistance.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Wireless Access (usdsecure)
- Supported and unsupported devices on USD's wireless network
- Minimum Wireless Drivers for the USD Wireless Network
- Wireless Card Interference
- Connecting to the Network with a Corporate-Owned Computer
- How-to Configure a computer for SecureConnect (Secure Wireless)
- How-to connect my iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to the usdsecure wireless network
- Connecting an Android-based device to usdsecure
- How-to connect to 'usdsecure' wireless on campus
- Connecting to Our 'usdsecure' Wireless Network for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)
- How-to change a Centrino N-1030 Power Setting to Improve Wireless
- How do I manually configure my device for 'usdsecure'?
- How fast should download and upload speeds be at USD?
- Is there wireless network access on campus?
- I can't get any wireless signal in my area/room.
- Installing Secureconnect for Windows