What is the difference between BIS and BES?
Blackberry Internet Service (BIS)
- Self-management of inbox
- Push e-mail /every 15 min
- Contacts, appointments and tasks synched manually via USB
- Attachment- supported
- Deleted Messages: from device only
Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES)
- Real-time wireless synchronization of email, calendar, tasks and contacts
- Messages are encryption (triple data encryption Triple DES)
- ITS Administrator to auto-erase in case of theft— Admin have central control over devices- can deactivate them or they are stolen.
- Deleted Messages: Can be deleted from both device and server
- Wireless Calendar Synchronization
- Folder Management