2017 Technology Showcase: Changemakers for the Digital Age
Presented by: Academic Technology Services
February 10, 2017 | UC Forums A-C
Why should faculty attend the Technology Showcase?
- Gain inspiration and insight from speakers and special guests
- Hear from faculty on how they use technology in their teaching and research
- See demonstrations of technology available on our campus
- Learn about Academic Technology Resources available to support teaching, learning & research
- Interact with mock classroom displays to learn how to use the technology in your classroom
- Exhibit Hall - Explore various and many technologies and new products
- Networking opportunities, food, drinks, and prizes!
- Apply to one of our special initiatives: Summer Innovation Institute (SII) '17, iPad Classroom Project, and Student Technology Assistant (STA) Program
Schedule at a Glance
Events held in UC Forums A-C
12 PM - 1 PM
Faculty Keynote Presentation: "Why Mobile Matters?", Dr. Jon Landis, Apple, inc. | Registration Required
1 PM - 4 PM
Exhibit Hall: Explore technology products from 20+ vendors while collecting stamps to be entered into raffle prize drawings
1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
|1:30 PM - 2 PM||High-Performance Computing at USD: Jeremy Kua & Frank Jacobitz|
|2 PM - 2:30 PM||Digital Story Mapping using ESRI: Suzanne Walther|
|2:30 PM - 3:15 PM||iPad Project - Enhancing Teaching & Learning through Mobile Technology: Fabio Agnelli, Jessica Bell, Jeff Malecki & Karen Shelby|
|3:15 PM - 4:00 PM||USD are you ready for us?! Francis Parker Student Robotics in STEM Education: Ryan Griggs & Students|
Additional Workshop held in UC 107
|11 AM - 12 PM||Turnitin Workshop: Plagiarism detection tool taught by the experts from Turnitin | Registration Required|
Faculty Keynote Luncheon: "Why Mobile Matters?"
Dr. Jon Landis, is the US Development Executive with Apple Inc. He is a former professor in the College of Education from Millersville University where he was the graduate coordinator of the Leadership Program and the Coordinator of the CyberSafe Institute. Jon holds his Ph.D. in Sociology, a Masters degree in Education Leadership, and a B.S. in Chemistry. He has served as a chemistry instructor, principal, curriculum director, and IT Director. Dr. Landis speaks internationally on the opportunities associated with mobile technology in education. He will be presenting insights to "Why Mobile Matters?" at the Technology Showcase. Complimentary lunch will be served. Seating is limited.
RSVP is required for the luncheon. Register now!
Faculty Prizes, Exhibitors & Sponsors
Attend workshops and visit vendor booths to be entered to win fantastic prizes including TVs, iPad Minis, and more!
Note: recipients must be present at the time of the drawing to be eligible to win.
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED