The University of San Diego has a large, robust wireless network for our students, staff/faculty, alumni and guests. We have collected together tutorials and resources to help you get connected.
Tips before you start
- Start early! Try connecting to the wireless before you need it, in case you experience any problems. Don't wait until 5 minutes before a presentation
- Are you bringing a guest to campus? Send the instructions before they arrive and supply them with contact information in case they have trouble.
- Ask for help if necessary. The ITS Help Desk is here to help with connection problems, signal strength, and technical education. We're available extended hours!
Students, Staff, & Faculty
Guests to USD
- Guests can create their own account on our 'usdguest' network free of charge. When you arrive, connect your computer to the 'usdguest' network and open a web browser (you will then be redirected to a registration page). You can view step-by-step instructions below.
- Getting Connected to 'usdguest'
Vendors at USD
- Vendors and long term visitors here on behalf of USD have a few different options for wireless. If you are here for a short period of time (less than a month), it is usually best for you to pay for a 'usdguest' wireless account. If you are here for longer, or need access to other USD systems, your sponsor department can request with HR to create a non-employee ID number and allow an account to be created for a designated non-employee.
- Corporate owned computers on 'usdguest'
- Corporate owned computers on 'usdsecure'