Personal File Storage
There are several ways you can backup your important files on your computer.
- USD ITS provides 20 GB of personal server storage space on the Central File Server for each university faculty member. If you often use computers from multiple locations, the Central File Server is a great way to share, move, and store files. You can use your personal space to store your important files so that they are accessible to you from any computer connected to the campus network. You can also use it to backup your local important files. The Central File Servers are located in two different data centers on campus providing redundancy and fault tolerance. For detailed information, please check out
- If the 20 GB on campus storage does not meet your requirements. ITS has researched several external storage provider who can provide you more storage for a fee. Please visit the links:
- Mozy Pro http://mozy.com/pro Windows platform only. Storage cost paid monthly.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) http://aws.amazon.com/s3/ very low cost on file transfer and storage.
- Xythos On Demand http://www.xythos.com/xod.html
- Iron Mountain http://www.ironmountain.com/digital/storage-as-a-service/
- External hard drive- this is an easy solution to safeguard your “My Documents” important files and data. You can also purchase the USB external hard drive from USD bookstore. Check out http://www.usdbookstore.com/ for more information.