Emergency Outage - Services Restored 12:00pm Fri Oct 11, 2013
The University of San Diego experienced a major power outage around 6:30am Thursday, Oct 10 that disrupted key IT equipment. Once power was restored around 11:30am, ITS began repairing equipment and restoring key systems.
As of 10:40am Friday, the following services are not yet online:
- Account creation, password reset and management tools (IAM)
- Wired internet in Loma 322, Soles 211
The following services are confirmed back online:
- USD's Internet connections
- Wired network access in academic buildings
- Wireless, including 'usd', 'usdguest', and 'usdsecure'
- Wired network in the residence halls
- Phone service, including voice mail and external dialing
- Email (Exchange and Torero Mail), though email will arrive slower than usual as our servers catch up with the backlog of email
- Blackboard (ole.sandiego.edu)
- Printing in the labs/libraries
- Sandiego.edu website
- Oracle EBS
- MySanDiego portal
- Departmental shares on Titan network share
Please check back as other systems are restored. Thank you for your patience!
Contact ITS Help Desk for more information.
Alert last edited 10:43am Fri Oct 11, 2013