Full Review (Applicant Only)
IRB applications can now be submitted EITHER using the traditional hard copy way OR using our new online submission system called “Cayuse IRB.”
BOTH types of applications will be accepted until the end of Spring Semester, 2017.
If you choose to use our new online system:
- Be sure to click here to download the instructions for online submission using the new Cayuse System. Please do not attempt to use this system without using these instructions.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME SUBMITTING ANY IRB APPLICATION AT USD AND YOU WANT TO USE THE ONLINE SYSTEM, YOU MUST FIRST EMAIL IRB Coordinator Lori Ermac-Nash at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have never submitted an IRB application at USD, the online system will NOT recognize you. Lori must first set up your information before you begin an online application. Email Lori with a message that you are a first-time IRB applicant and want to use the IRB online system. Be sure to specify your role (student, faculty, staff). If you are a student, please include your faculty advisor’s name.
There are three levels of IRB applications: exempt, expedited, and full review.
- A full review is a very rare occurrence at USD.
- Never submit an application as a full level review without first consulting an IRB Representative or Administrator.
- To determine whether your application qualifies for a full review, go to:
- If your research project is being submitted as a full review, there are 2 important requirements in the application process, which are only for full reviews:
- You must submit 16 hard copies of the entire application, including all appendices.
- You must meet a deadline, as your application will be considered during a meeting of the full IRB. A deadline is necessary to ensure that all IRB members have time to review your materials thoroughly.
Please see a schedule of "Full Review Only Deadlines" and IRB meeting dates for 2015-2016. There are no deadlines for applications that are NOT full reviews.