There are three levels of IRB applications: exempt, expedited, and full review.
- A full review is a very rare occurrence at USD.
- Never submit an application as a full level review without first consulting an IRB Representative or Administrator.
- To determine whether your application qualifies for a full review, go to:
- If your research project is being submitted as a full review, there are 2 important requirements in the application process, which are only for full reviews:
- You must submit 16 hard copies of the entire application, including all appendices.
- You must meet a deadline, as your application will be considered during a meeting of the full IRB. A deadline is necessary to ensure that all IRB members have time to review your materials thoroughly.
Click here for a schedule of "Full Review Only Deadlines" and IRB meeting dates for 2015-2016. There are no deadlines for applications that are NOT full reviews.