Office of International Students and Scholars
Welcome to our international family. USD hosts international students and scholars from more than 70 countries around the world. We are delighted that you are joining this group of distinguished students and scholars, and we hope that your experiences here will prove intellectually challenging, culturally enriching, and personally enjoyable, whether you stay only for a few weeks, or several years.
The International Center and the campus community would like to offer additional support to international students, scholars or employees who may be impacted by the U.S. President's executive order. On Monday, January 30, 2017, USD President James T. Harris sent out a message in support of our campus community and all of those impacted by this order. He also recently signed with other Catholic Higher Education leaders, on behalf of our entire USD community, that “we reaffirm the commitment of our institutions to creating inclusive, welcoming campus environments that embrace people of all faiths and cultures”.
Travel Warning (updated on 3/06/2017):
- For the most up to date information review the Travel Advisory.
- On Friday, January 27, 2017: the U.S. President issued an Executive Order impacting immigration policy and banning immigrants and non-immigrants from entering the U.S. from certain countries. The USD International Center strongly recommends international students, scholars and employees from the currently impacted countries (Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen) NOT to travel internationally until the ban has been lifted or consult with our office before making any international travel plans.
- On Friday, February 4, 2017: Executive Order on Travel Ban to certain countries nationals has been temporarily lifted as of February 4th, 2017. For additional information, please refer to the Urgent Notice from the U.S. Department of State.
What is iTorero?iTorero is a convenient online system where international students can request documents and services from the Office of International Students and Scholars from the comfort of their own computer.
In the News
// March 23, 2017
On any college campus you will find students grabbing coffee between classes to fuel them through the day. But at the University of San…
// March 22, 2017
The University of San Diego campus will truly be one of the most energetic and festive places to be this Friday, March 24, as two equal…
// March 17, 2017
The following opinion-editorial by University of San Diego President James T. Harris III, DEd, was published in today's edition of the USA T…
- Sunday, March 26, 2017San Diego Zoo
- Thursday, April 27, 2017 // 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, May 12, 2017Mission Beach
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017