Please contact Rebekka Vieira at 619-574-5703 to inquire about the process for becoming Catholic. Read more information on our RCIA program page.
The following is a breakdown of what our curriculum includes:
- Pre/K teaches about how much God loves us and that God created the universe.
- Grade One moves into God sending His Son, Jesus, and choosing Mary to be the Mother of Jesus. The children learn many of the things Jesus did and taught and also learn about John the Baptist.
- Grade Two prepares the children who are now at the age of reason for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist. A week or so before First Communion, they have a retreat day called Jesus Day.
- Grade Three goes into more depth about Jesus, faith, the Holy Spirit, the Apostles, and how the Church is the body of Christ.
- Grade Four teaches about the Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes and how the Apostles spread the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Grade Five builds on previous years and covers the seven sacraments.
- Grade Six covers Divine Revelation handed down through the Bible with an emphasis on Moses, the Patriarchs, and God’s covenant with Noah and Abraham.
- Junior High covers the life of Jesus and His teachings and the sacraments as well as the beginning of the Church from Pentecost through history, and includes Church teachings and Tradition.
Confirmation is divided into four segments:
- Journey - to provide a time to discuss our faith at a more mature level.
- Formation covers quite a lot of theology.
- Reflection is the immediate preparation for Confirmation.
- Walking the Walk is a four-week study of hunger and poverty and includes a service activity.
For more detailed information, please contact Anne Rising at (619) 574-5702 or visit the Religious Education Program page.