We hope that your first day will be welcoming and memorable for you.
Here is a checklist of things you can prepare to do on your first day:
Please come first to the Department of Human Resources. Our HR Customer Service Representative will officially welcome you to USD and help you to complete all of the necessary New Hire Paperwork. All benefit-based employees should receive a packet in the mail including a welcome letter and relevant documents needed in order to get your employment status updated in our employee database. These forms need to be submitted on your first day of employment. In the event you have not yet received your welcome packet, or would like an additional copy of these forms, each is listed below and can be found on the Forms page.
*Confidential Employee Data Form
*Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) Form and Instructions: Make sure to bring appropriate forms of identification and eligibility to work documentation (options are listed on this form)
*Form W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Form
- Visit the Campus Card Office (University Center-127) to get your USD ID card.
- Click here to login to purchase a parking permit. Please be prepared to arrange payment for your parking permit (prorated depending on start date) in the form of cash, check, credit card or payroll deduction.
- Register an email address by visiting http://my.sandiego.edu.
- Meet with your supervisor and or department designee.
- Confirm your work schedule with your supervisor.
- Confirm that you have received all necessary keys for your workspace.
- Discuss the New Employee Checklist and department guidelines with your supervisor, including dress code, vacation time and sick time (call in/office procedures), and timecard (if applicable).