If you are planning to waive coverage please know that not all plans will be considered comparable, such as out-of-state Medicaid plans, plans purchased through another state’s exchange/marketplace, and certain HMOs and managed care plans. Please review your plan carefully.
Be sure your current insurance plan provides coverage and access to providers near campus before waiving coverage. You will need your current insurance information to complete a waiver form.
ONLINE ENROLLMENT/WAIVER PROCESS
To enroll or waive the Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2014-2015 policy year:
- Go to: www.gallagherstudent.com/usd if you are a domestic student or www.gallagherstudent.com/international if you are an international student
- (November 14, 2014 - January 16, 2015)
- Log-in using your University of San Diego email address as your user name. Your password is your student ID number with two zeroes in front (total nine digits; i.e. “001234567”)
- Click on “Student Enroll/Waive” and follow the instructions to complete the appropriate form.
- Once submitted, you will receive a reference number. Print or write down this number for future reference.
- To enroll your eligible dependent(s), log in as above and click on ‘Dependent Enrollment’
- If you are planning to actively enroll in the USD Student Health Insurance Plan, to ensure you receive your insurance card by the beginning of the start of the spring semester, please actively enroll before January 16, 2015.
- If you are in need of insurance and would like to learn about more options available, please visit Covered California. Open Enrollment for these plans begins November 15, 2014 - February 15, 2015. If you secure coverage through Covered California, you will still need to visit www.gallagherstudent.com/usd to submit a waiver.
*If a waiver form is not submitted by January 16, 2015, you will remain enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan.