If you are planning to waive coverage please know that not all plans will be considered comparable, such as out-of-state Medicaid plans, plans purchased through another state’s exchange/marketplace, and certain HMOs and managed care plans. Please review your plan carefully. Be sure your current insurance plan provides coverage and access to providers near campus before waiving coverage. You will need your current insurance information to complete a waiver form.
The Fall 2014 online enrollment/waiver for current students has CLOSED.
THE SPRING 2015 ONLINE ENROLLMENT/WAIVER PROCESS IS OPEN for New Incoming Students, Returning Students from Studying Abroad, and Students who are now Full-Time:
- Go to: www.gallagherstudent.com/usd if you are a domestic student or www.gallagherstudent.com/usd if you are an international student
- (open November 14, 2014 - January 16, 2015 for new students, students returning from abroad, or students who are now full-time)
- Log-in using your University of San Diego email address as your user name. Your password is your student ID number with two zeroes in front (total nine digits; i.e. “001234567”)
- Click on “Student Enroll/Waive” and follow the instructions to complete the appropriate form.
- Once submitted, you will receive a reference number. Print or write down this number for future reference.
- To enroll your eligible dependent(s), log in as above and click on ‘Dependent Enrollment’
- If you are planning to actively enroll in the USD Student Health Insurance Plan, to ensure you receive your insurance card by the beginning of the start of the spring semester, please actively enroll before January 16, 2015.
- If you are in need of insurance and would like to learn about more options available, please visit Covered California. Open Enrollment for these plans begins November 15, 2014 - February 15, 2015. If you secure coverage through Covered California, you will still need to visit www.gallagherstudent.com/usd to submit a waiver.
If a decision form is not submitted by January 16, 2015, you will remain enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- For questions about the health insurance plan contact Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk toll free at 877-241-4649 or at email@example.com.
- For questions regarding log-in issues or your account, contact USD Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about Financial Aid, contact the USD Office of Financial Aid at 619-260-2700.
- For additional information and questions, contact USD Student Wellness at email@example.com.