If you are planning to waive coverage please know that not all plans will be considered comparable, such as out-of-state Medicaid plans, plans purchased through another state’s exchange/marketplace, and certain HMOs and managed care plans. Please review your plan carefully.
Be sure your current insurance plan provides coverage and access to providers near campus before waiving coverage.
You will need your current insurance information to complete a waiver form.
ONLINE ENROLLMENT/WAIVER PROCESS
To enroll or waive the Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2014-2015 policy year:
- Go to: www.gallagherstudent.com/usd if you are a domestic student or www.gallagherstudent.com/international if you are an internationl student (starting May 5)
- You can log in using your University of San Diego email address as your name. Your password is your student ID number with two zeroes in front (total nine digits; i.e. “001234567”)
- Click on “Student Enroll/Waive”.
- Follow the instructions to complete the appropriate form.
- Once submitted, you will receive a reference number. Print or write down this number for future reference.
- To enroll your eligible dependent(s), log in as above and click on ‘Dependent Enrollment’
- To ensure you receive your insurance card by the coverage start date, please make sure to complete this process by August 1, 2014.
*If a waiver form is not submitted by August 22, 2014, you will remain enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan for the entire policy year.