If you are planning to waive coverage please know that not all plans will be considered comparable, such as out-of-state Medicaid plans, plans purchased through another state’s exchange/marketplace, and certain HMOs and managed care plans. Please review your plan carefully. Be sure your current insurance plan provides coverage and access to providers near campus before waiving coverage. You will need your current insurance information to complete a waiver form.
The Fall 2014 online enrollment/waiver for current students has CLOSED.
After 1/16, to Petition to Waive the Student Health Insurance Plan for Spring/Summer 2015:
- Go to: www.gallagherstudent.com/usd
- Login using your University of San Diego email address as your user name. Your password is your student ID number with two zeroes in front (total nine digits; i.e. “001234567”)
- Click on “Petition to Waive” which can be found on the left-hand column navigation under “Student Access”
- Follow instructions to complete the Petition to Waive form.
- If you choose to Petition to Waive make sure to complete this process no later than February 15, 2015.
- For questions about the health insurance plan contact Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk toll free at 877-241-4649 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding log-in issues or your account, contact USD Student Accounts at email@example.com.
- For questions about Financial Aid, contact the USD Office of Financial Aid at 619-260-2700.
- For additional information and questions, contact USD Student Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org.