Beginning the 2014-15 academic year, all University of San Diego full time undergraduate and graduate students will be required to have health insurance. When students are admitted and/or register for classes, their student account will be charged for the USD Student Health Insurance Plan. Students will have the option of accepting coverage or waiving the charge if they already have insurance by answering a few simple questions online. A new waiver will need to be submitted each academic year.
USD’s Plan for 2014-15 features:
- Unlimited policy year maximum
- Low annual deductibles: In-Network $200 per policy year, Out-of Network $400 per policy year.
- Deductibles can be waived by seeking care from the Student Health Center and receiving a referral.
- Coverage at 80% In-network & 65% Out-of-network
- In-network Physician’s Office visits covered at 80%
- Out-of-pocket maximum of $6,350 In-network and $12,700 Out-of-network
- In-Network Preventive care services with no deductibles, copays or coinsurance
- Students will be able to locate providers whether at home, school, or throughout the country through the Aetna Preferred Provider Network.
- Prescription drug coverage with low copays
- Worldwide Coverage including Medical Evacuation, Repatriation & Travel Assistance Services
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Wellness discounts including Vision and Dental
$1,852 for 12 months of comprehensive coverage.
For a complete description of the benefits available, limitations and exclusions please visit www.gallagherstudent.com/usd