Spring 2015 New Incoming Full-Time Students, Returning Students from Studying Abroad, and Students who are recently registered as Full-Time:
- Students will notice a charge for the USD sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan on their Student Account. This charge is automatically placed on the account at registration.
- The Petition to Waive form is available for students already covered by another plan. The deadline to submit this form is February 15, 2015.
- The USD sponsored policy provides comprehensive care that allows students to waive deductibles if referrals are generated by the Student Health Center.
- The decision form for Spring/Summer 2015 was Open November 15, 2014 - January 16, 2015 and is now CLOSED. Click here to Petition to Waive after the deadline 1/16.
- The decision form for Fall 2014 was open May 5, 2014 - September 5, 2014 and is now CLOSED.
- If you are a graduating student please visit our Summer Services web page.
Beginning in fall 2014, all University of San Diego full-time students are required to carry health insurance. This requirement ensures that students in need of health and/or mental health care beyond the scope of services provided at USD by the on-campus Wellness Units, can access the appropriate care and resources in the community.
Many students and families completed the process of submitting a decision form to either enroll in or waive out of the 2014-2015 plan at the beginning of the Fall 2014 semester. Thank you very much for your effort in submitting your information. Please note that this process takes place every academic year in which a new form will need to be submitted at that time.
*Students enrolled in the USD Student Health Insurance Plan in need of access to providers in the community can seek a referral from a clinician at the USD Student Health Center to have their deductible waived.