USD Student Health Center provides comprehensive travel medicine services for USD students traveling outside the country for school-related or personal travel. Services are provided by medical professionals trained in Travel Medicine. Services include:
- Travel immunizations, as well as routine immunizations (Travel immunizations not listed may be available by special order)
- Up to date, accurate, itinerary-specific health and safety advice
- Comprehensive, destination-specific Shoreland TRAVAX travel health summary emailed to the student
- Prophylaxis for malaria and traveler's diarrhea, if indicated
- Tuberculosis (TB) screening
- Post-travel assessment at no extra charge
There is a $40 charge, payable on the day of service, for Travel Clinic visits at the Student Health Center. Visits are limited to currently registered students. Further charges apply for medications, immunizations, and TB screening, if needed. No-shows for scheduled travel appointments will be charged the full fee.
Notice: Due to a nationwide shortage of Yellow Fever vaccine the SHC is in very short supply. If you are in need of Yellow Fever vaccine for travel, please call the SHC to determine availability before scheduling your travel visit.
IMPORTANT: Travel Clinic visits should ideally be scheduled 4-6 weeks prior to travel.
Prior to scheduling a Travel Clinic appointment you must submit a completed electronic Pre-Travel Questionnaire.
Ways to request your Pre-Travel Questionnaire:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (non-secure) and in the subject line type "Pre-Travel Questionnaire". Please include your name and student ID number in the body of the email.
- Logon to your MyWellness Portal and send a message to staff requesting a Pre-Travel Questionnaire.
- Contact Us and request a Pre-Travel Questionnaire be sent to your MyWellness Portal.
Please allow staff 24 hours to respond to your request. Once your request is received a Pre-Travel Questionnaire will be sent to your MyWellness Portal .
Complete the questionnaire under Surveys. Once complete please Contact Us to schedule.
A current copy of your immunization record, including any prior travel vaccines, is helpful but not mandatory.
Helpful Travel links: