USD Student Health Center provides comprehensive travel medicine services for USD students traveling outside the country for school-related or personal travel. Services are provided by medical professionals trained in Travel Medicine. Services include:
- Travel immunizations, as well as routine immunizations Click here (Travel immunizations not listed may be available by special order)
- Up to date, accurate, itinerary-specific health and safety advice
- Comprehensive, destination-specific Shoreland TRAVAX travel health summary emailed to the student
- Prophylaxis for malaria and traveler's diarrhea, if indicated
- Tuberculosis (TB) screening
- Post-travel assessment at no extra charge
There is a $40 charge, payable on the day of service, for Travel Clinic visits at the Student Health Center. Visits are limited to currently registered students. Further charges apply for medications, immunizations, and TB screening, if needed. No-shows for scheduled travel appointments will be charged the full fee.
Travel Clinic visits should ideally be scheduled 3-4 weeks prior to travel. Call 619.260.4595 to schedule.
Prior to scheduling a Travel Clinic appointment at the SHC, you must submit a completed copy of the Pre-Travel Questionnaire form (click here). A current copy of your immunization record, including any prior travel vaccines, is helpful but not mandatory. You may submit the form in person at the SHC, or you may send it to us via fax, mail, or email. We require at least 48 hours to review the form prior to your actual appointment.
Please note: If you elect to email your form to us, it is a NON-SECURE email. Please type "Travel Forms" in the subject line.
University of San Diego Student Health Center
5998 Alcala Park, Maher Hall 140
San Diego, CA 92110-2492
phone 619.260.4595 fax 619.260.2375
Email email@example.com (non-secure)
CDC Traveler's Health Click here
Travel Health Online (Shoreland) Click here
U.S. Department of State Click here
STAYING HEALTHY WHILE TRAVELING ABROAD Click here
Other Travel Medicine Resources for Students Click here