The University is committed to protecting the health and well-being of all our students. While immunization and screenings are recommended for all students, certain student populations are required to have immunization and screenings in order to avoid holds on registration and residence hall occupancy. Required immunizations: MMR, Varicella, Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis, Tuberculosis screening.
Students who are Required to have Immunization:
- All Freshmen
- All Transfer Students
- All International Students
- Anyone living on-campus
Accessing TB Screening Questionnaire and Submitting the Immunization Form:
To access your immunization form, we request that you first answer a brief questionnaire about your risk for tuberculosis exposure Click Here. You can submit the questionnaire once. If you feel you have made an error, please contact the health center at 619-260-4595 so they can resubmit the questionnaire for you.
Once the questionnaire is answered you will be sent a letter and immunication form to your sandiego.edu email address. Please read the letter which details how to submit the form, deadlines, and holds on registration and resident hall occupancy. There are 2 ways to submit your form: By electronic submission, or hard-copy.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION (Fastest and preferred method):
- Step 1: Read the Immunization Instruction Letter and complete the attached Required Forms (requires sign off by your medical provider).
- Step 2: Complete the printed form, scan/save (as a .jpeg or .pdf document).
- Step 3: Electronically submit the forms Click here.
- HARD-COPY SUBMISSION (If you are unable to do electronic submission above):
- Step 1: Read the Immunization Instruction Letter and complete the attached Required Forms (requires sign off by your primary doctor)
- Step 2: Print out your completed required forms and submit them via fax, mail, or in-person to the SHC. Click here
Please check the MyWellness portal to ensure that your immunization requirements have been satisfied in order to avoid delays in class registration. Click here
Immunization & Vaccine Clinic
Immunization Clinic Hours: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily except Wednesdays when clinic closes from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and reopens at 1:30 p.m. until 5 p.m. Note: TB Skin Test are not administered on Thursdays or on Fridays when there is a Monday holiday. Results must be read within 48-72 hours.