- Kognito Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
- CHWP Favorite: College Drinking Prevention
- So, Who is That Guy or That Girl?
- Each night he's on display somewhere, but makes his most frequent appearances on weekends. He's a regular guy, but when he has too many drinks, it shows. That Guy loses control and he may not remember it in the morning. That Guy applies to anyone who, because of excessive drinking, behaves in a manner that others do not want to emulate or be around. In fact, women can be That Guy too. Check out the site to discover who That Guy is, utilize the interactive bar tab calculator, read interviews & jokes, watch videos, find out how to cut down on your drinking, how to find treatment, and check out the myspace page.
- Addiction Search
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (SAMHSA)
- One-stop resource for information about substance abuse prevention and addiction treatment. Both English- and Spanish-speaking information specialists who are skilled at recommending appropriate publications, posters, and videocassettes; conducting customized searches; providing grant and funding information; and referring people to appropriate organizations.
- Project CORK
- The CORK database is an interdisciplinary collection of selected journal articles, books, book chapters, and "grey" literature on alcoholism and substance abuse of interest to health care professionals and health educators. Basic and advanced search modes are available.
- Alcohol Research Group
- One of the oldest and largest alcohol and other drug (AOD) libraries in the United States.
- Monitoring the Future
- Conducted by the Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, MTF is an ongoing study of the behaviors, attitudes, and values of American secondary school students, college students, and young adults, particularly in regard to alcohol and drugs. The data are based on annual surveys to high school and middle school students.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Information on various drugs, including prevention, treatment, research, and legislative initiatives.
Looking for Help?
- Drug and Alcohol Resource Center
- Nationwide Alcohol and Drug Addiction Rehab Information (online help and information available at no cost). Call 1-800-784-6776 or click on the link below.
- Betty Ford Center
- Addiction treatment, publishing, education, research, and recovery support.
Smoking and Tobacco Cessation
CHWP is a resource for anyone looking to quit smoking or tobacco use. For more information, please visit our Smoking and Tobacco Free website.
- Smart Recovery®
- Free face-to-face and online mutual help groups. SMART Recovery® (Self-Management And Recovery Training) helps people recover from all types of addictive behaviors, including: alcoholism, drug abuse, substance abuse, drug addiction, alcohol abuse, gambling addiction, cocaine addiction, and addiction to other substances and activities.
- San Diego Center for Pathological Gambling
- Comprehensive outpatient assessment and treatment.
- Free 24-hour Addiction Helpline