- I have taken note of the grade point average and unit requirements required by the Interfraternity Council. I understand that if my GPA is below the 2.50 GPA minimum or I have less than 12 completed units at USD or 24 units as a transfer, I will not be allowed to join a fraternity.
- I will try to attend the maximum number of recruitment events I can each day in order to maximize my chances of being extended a bid. I am aware that the fraternities notice absences from recruitment events, which may result in a diminished possibility to be extended a bid. I also know that I should attend at least one event from each chapter if possible as to find the best fit.
- I am aware the information in this application will be made available to active and alumni members of fraternities at USD.
- I know that recruitment week is a dry event week. No alcohol shall be consumed with any 2+ fraternity members at any time. Failure to comply with this guideline may result in a voiding of my bid.
- At no time during the recruitment process am I guaranteed a bid to any of the fraternity chapters.
- I understand I must participate in the service weekend event or I will not be able to join a chapter until after the next chapter's meeting. This includes not being able to participate in any big night activities.
By accepting the following terms, you agree to the above listed rules governing fraternity recruitment:
Registration is now open and will close on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 11:59pm. Registration after that deadline is considered late registration and potential new members will not be issued bids on Tuesday, September 17, 2013, and CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN BID NIGHT ACTIVITIES. Late registrants, however, are eligible for Open Bidding following the next chapter meeting.
UNIVERSITY OF SAN DIEGO VOLUNTARY AUTHORIZATION FOR EDUCATION RECORDS DISCLOSURE:
University policy prohibits the release of personally identifiable information from the educational records of students without their prior written authorization. Exceptions to this policy are limited to a) release of such information to a specified list of officials with a legitimate educational interest in the record, b) the release of such information in response to a court order, heath or safety emergency, or approved research project, or c) the release of public Directory Information which has not been previously restricted by the student. I hereby consent to the release of the following information to be disclosed to the indicated individuals: Records to be disclosed: Grade point average, cumulative and previous semester, previous semester grade report, and current enrollment record. Parties to whom the records may be disclosed: Chapter President, Recruitment Chair, Chapter Advisor, Scholarship Chair, and National/International Officers or Headquarters Staff.
This authorization shall remain in effect until December 31, 2013.