Graduate Student Event Registration
Registering Your On‐Campus Student Organization Event
Event Registration and Approval (EvR) Process
All graduate student organizations must register their event in order to reserve any space on‐campus. In order to be approved for an event on‐campus, the student organization must be registered as a current graduate student organization. See Student Organization Registration process at http://www.sandiego.edu/gradlife
Registering On-Campus Events
Every on-campus event or meeting sponsored by your organization must be registered in order to reserve an on-campus facility (indoor or outdoor).
- First, be sure to check the Online Campus Calendar* to see when/where the most convenient time/place is for your event – https://reservations.sandiego.edu/VirtualEms/BrowseForSpace.aspx. It’s helpful to determine multiple dates (a preferred date and back-up dates) on which your event can take place in case the space you want is not available initially. Also, take into consideration other events that are occurring simultaneously.
- Second, fill out the On-Campus Event Registration and Approval (EvR) Form. This form is how you register your event AND request an ON-CAMPUS space reservation.
- Third, a Graduate Student Life staff member will notify you of the status of your event registration.
Keep in mind: The EvR Process for ON-CAMPUS events is a two-step process:
- Graduate Student Life will review your request for content.
- After receiving approval from Graduate Student Life, Campus Scheduling will confirm your
reservation. You may be required to provide more information, conduct a walk-through, or
otherwise change some event details per Campus Scheduling’s request.
To confirm the status of your On-Campus EvR or change an existing EvR’s content, please contact us at GSC@sandiego.edu
**ALL EvR FORMS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT DATE. PROCESSING/CORRESPONDENCE TAKES AT LEAST 5 BUSINESS DAYS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.**
Helpful Hint: USD’s Event Planning website is a useful resource for all of your event/program planning needs. You can even download a full “Event Checklist” to help you get organized! Visit the site at http://www.sandiego.edu/scheduling/event-planning.
As always, e-mail us if you have any questions!
*Campus Calendar url is subject to change. Check the EvR Form for updates.