Graduate Student Event Registration
Please view Graduate Student Organization Event Checklist to help you get organized and plan your Event
Planning an Event
All graduate student organizations must register their event in order to reserve any space on campus. In order to reserve space and be approved for an event on campus, the student organization must be registered as a current graduate student organization. See Student Organization Registration Guide at http://www.sandiego.edu/grad-life/events/registration-guide.php
Reserving Space through Virtual EMS
Every on-campus event or meeting space (indoor or outdoor) must be reserved through Virtual EMS through www.sandiego.edu/scheduling
- First, be sure to check the Online Campus Calendar* to see when/where the most convenient time/place is for your event –https://reservations.sandiego.edu/VirtualEms/BrowseForSpace.aspx. It’s helpful to determine multiple dates (a preferred date and back-up dates) on which your event can take place in case the space you want is not available initially. Also, take into consideration other events that are occurring simultaneously.
- Second, fill out Event Details in Virtual EMS to begin process of reserving a space. All registrered Graduate Student Orgnizaion members are imported into the system and able to reserve space.
- Third, after receiving approval from Graduate Student Life, the building/area scheduler will confirm your reservation. You may be required to provide more information, conduct a walk-through, or otherwise change some event details per the building/area scheduler's request.
To confirm the status of your On-Campus EvR or change an existing
EvR’s content, please contact us at GSC@sandiego.edu
**ALL EMS FORMS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT DATE. PROCESSING/CORRESPONDENCE TAKES AT LEAST 5 BUSINESS DAYS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.**
If you are having USD Catering at your event, you will need to submit a Catering Request Form (after submitting the EMS Forms. final completed work order form is due to the Catering Office a minimum of 10 business days prior to your event date.
- This form is required for any event on campus where alcohol will be served and a targeted audience is students.
- Undergraduate student organizations cannot sponsor or fund alcohol or the provision of alcohol on campus.
- It is REQUIRED that USD Catering provide the alcohol service for all on-campus events
- USD Catering requires Alcohol Request Forms be approved prior to scheduling the alcohol service.
- Please be sure to contact USD Catering at (619) 260-4560 for pricing info and to schedule alcohol service.
- This form must be submitted to the Dean of Students, UC 232 at least 14 days prior to date of event. You may intercampus this form to UC 232, or you may fax to 619-260-4610 or email email@example.com
Basic Ways to Market
- Social Media
- TVs in UC/SLP
- Dead Hour Tabling
- Submit this as soon as you can! You can add the flyer to the event later.
- Make sure you add departments (except Law School):
- Canva.com is a great place to create free flyers
- Create an event page for events (2 weeks in advance & needs flyer or image)
- Invite all of your friends to events
- Cross share events to other grad pages and GSC
- Post often about events and programs leading up to the date
- To submit a posting for the digital displays located throughout the UC and the SLP, please fill out the appropriate information to the left. Please note that all student groups MUST complete an Event Registration and Approval Form found on the Student Leadership and Involvement Center website if you are planning on hosting an event that is approved by USD. Please review our posting policy for more details.
- Check out this webpage for more information: http://www.sandiego.edu/ucslp/publicize/displays/