Graduate and Law Commons Mission Statement
In support of the Mission and Goals of the University of San Diego, the Graduate and Law Student Commons fosters community among all graduate and law students. It is designed to promote collaborative programs that enrich graduate student life. The Commons supports the goals of the graduate student associations and provides opportunities for faith development and outreach to community. The Commons is a central source for information and serves as a liaison to resources across campus.
Graduate Student Life Mission Statement
In support of the University of San Diego’s Mission Statement, Graduate Student Life at the University of San Diego aims to foster Community building: by providing opportunities for graduate students to build community and fostering conversations and collaboration across disciplines. Communication: by promoting existing campus services to students and helping departments share ideas on how to best serve graduate students. Advocacy: by growing and maintaining a graduate student presence on campus, encouraging services to be more inclusive of graduate students, and conducting regular assessments of graduate student quality of life.
The Purpose of Graduate Student Life is to:
- Provide programs that help create a tangible graduate student campus community.
- Foster graduate student conversation and collaboration across disciplines.
- Encourage, recognize and celebrate the uniqueness of graduate students.
- Promote existing campus services and encourage service areas to be more inclusive of graduate student needs.
- Grow and maintain a graduate student presence in institutional decisions that affect the quality of life for graduate students.
- Help departments share ideas about programs and support structures for graduate students.
- Conduct regular assessments of graduate student quality of life on campus
- Advocate for graduate student needs across campus.
- Assists students in sustaining a healthy and happy life at the University of San Diego.