Date and Time:
Thursday, June 25, 2015 – Friday, June 26, 2015 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Mother Rosalie Hill Hall
$75 - $200
Character Matters Conference
Thursday, June 25 - Friday, June 26, 2015
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Mother Rosalie Hill Hall, University of San Diego
EDUCATING HEARTS & MINDS: SKILLS FOR LIFE
Common Core Standards plus Social Emotional Intelligence
• CHARACTER • LEADERSHIP • SERVICE
Educators attending this conference will learn how to:
- maximize students’ engagement and accomplishments.
- use the Common Core Standards to teach students such character strengths as grit, perseverance, and other positive behavior traits.
- gather resources that will help “connect” the Common Core Standards with a teacher’s role nurturing the positive behaviors of students.
- network with colleagues to ask questions and find answers that help implement effective instructional strategies
- create a classroom climate that support student inquiry and positive behaviors.
Registration and Fees
Individual Registration: $200
Group Registration: $125*
Student Registration: $75**
*$125 per individual for schools sending two (2) or more educators
**$75 per student, Student ID Required
- No onsite registration will be available.
- Conference registration includes: morning snacks, lunch and character education resources.
We value you as a character educator of children and young people. We value your time and talent and the choices you make to enhance your professional development.
Character Development Center