Invisible Children Viral Video Panel and Discussion
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 from 12:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice, Rooms A-C
Invisible Children Viral Video Panel and Roundtable Discussions
The Kony 2012 campaign of the nongovernmental organization Invisible Children -- whose video went viral starting around March 12 -- has attracted a torrent of attention from both critics and defenders. Join us to hear panelists from various fields and backgrounds who will help us make sense of the welter of commentary and controversy. Time will be provided for roundtable discussions with fellow attendees.
This event is free and open to the public. RSVPs are preferred at http://sandiego.kintera.org/uganda. The video will be shown, but you are welcome to join us only for the panel and discussions. Feel free to bring your lunch.
- 12:15-12:20 pm. – Welcome
- 12:20-12:50 p.m. – Video Presentation
- 12:50-1:20 p.m. – Panel Reflections
- 1:20-1:50 p.m. – Roundtable Discussions
- 1:50-2:15 p.m. – Questions and Answers
- Jennifer Freeman, program officer, Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice
- Nathan Phillips, USD freshman and supporter of Invisible Children
- Dustin Sharp, assistant professor, Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies
- Nathaniel Dunigan, SOLES doctoral student, founder of AidChild in Uganda
**other panelists to be confirmed
Sponsored by the Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies and USD Office of Public Affairs.
Co-sponsored by Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice.