National, regional, and local foundations support USD in many important ways that tie in with their individual missions of addressing the greater good and making the world a better place:
- Construction funding to allow USD to build new academic structures (such as the Donald P. Shiley Center for Science and Technology and the Jenny Craig Pavilion)
- Scholarship funding to assist USD students with their college expenses (Bill Hannon Scholarships for Nonprofit Management Students and Marine Science Graduate Students)
- Program funding to support new and emerging USD programs and projects (including the Coca-Cola Foundation funded International Environmental Research Program and the Compton Foundation funded WorldLink Program)
- Endowment funding to establish in perpetuity USD professorships, scholarships, chairs (Fletcher Jones Chair in Biology)
- Equipment funding to purchase specialized equipment, often in the form of an endowed fund (Kresge Science Equipment Fund).
Foundation gifts provide the extra resources that allow USD to achieve the next level of success, the margin of excellence that lies beyond what tuition alone can support.
Foundation gifts are actively sought through the Office of Foundation Relations. For further information, contact Annette Ketner at (619) 260-4814.