The purpose of the Culture of Giving Committee is to create a collaboration between Student Affairs, Office of Annual Giving, and the Office of Alumni Relations to increase awareness among students about the significance of giving, to fund class scholarship programs and student organizations, and to instill the value of philanthropy in students.
The goal for the 2012-2013 is to have 10% undergraduate student participation. That is 550 students!!!
Why Give a G.I.F.T.?
- It is a contribution for students by students.
- You can help a Torero stay at USD.
- You get to pick what your gift goes to, support something you are passionate about.
- Ranking of USD in U.S. News & World Report increases as participation increases. It makes your degree worth more.
- Class Legacy Scholarships - Class of ______. This will go toward YOUR Senior Class Legacy Fund, so your class can have more impact if you start contributing now
- Transfer Student Scholarships
- College of Arts and Sciences / School of Business Administration / School of Engineering
- CASA (Center for Awareness, Service, and Action)
- UFMC (United Front Multicultural Center)
- Any other center/organization you want to give to!!!
If this goal is reached, an event in collaboration with Torero Program Board will take place on Friday, May 3rd 2013 at Mission Beach for all students who gave. There will be food, sun, and lots of fun.
By making a gift, you will become part of Diego’s Club. You will receive a sticker on your Torero Card, and with this sticker you will be part of a club that gets different advantages such as:
- Front of the line at the Finals Feeding Frenzy
- Front of the line at Winter in Wonderland Build-a-Bear
- Access to special area with food at:
- Ole Concert
- Two big basketball games
- Attendance to Diego’s Day Off Event
Join the Committee
If you would like to join the committee, please email email@example.com. We would love to have you on board.