The purpose of the Culture of Giving Committee is to create an awareness of philanthropy throughout the USD student body. With nearly 70% of USD students receiving some form of financial aid while attending USD, this program's goal is to instill the value of philanthropy in students and have them give back to support their fellow Toreros. Every gift, no matter the size, makes a difference! Find something on campus that you are passionate about and make a gift today!
Last year, during the 2014-2015 school year, we had more students than ever make donations supporting USD!!! 1,576 students made gifts this past year for a total of 27.5% undergraduate student participation!! Go Toreros!!!
Why Give a G.I.F.T.?
- It is a contribution for students from students. Pay it forward!
- You can give towards scholarships and help out a fellow Torero.
- You get to pick what your gift goes to, support something you are passionate about.
- Ranking of USD in U.S. News & World Report increases as participation increases. It makes your degree worth more.
- Class Legacy Scholarships - Class of ______. This will go toward YOUR Senior Class Legacy Fund, so your class can have more impact if you start contributing now!
- Transfer Student Scholarships
- College of Arts and Sciences / School of Business Administration / Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering
- Torero Athletics Association (Choose which sport you want to support)
- USD Greek Fund
- Changemaker Hub
- CASA (Center for Awareness, Service, and Action)
- UFMC (United Front Multicultural Center)
- Or contact the Office of Annual Giving at (619) 260-4754 and we will help you find a designation for your gift that fits your needs
Join the Committee
If you would like to join the committee, please email Jen Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to have you on board!